A MESSAGE FROM OOTFA'S PRESIDENT
We are still here "Promoting and Perpetuating Old Time Fiddling and Old Time Music" at a safe distance and with mask and wipes and hand sanitizer. Oh My!
Most if not all group and public events are canceled until the crisis is past, but that shouldn't keep any of us from enjoying good music. So, take advantage of the time at home to enjoy family and maybe take on a new instrument. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. If we don't have the answer, we will do our best to find it. And be sure to check the event calendar for changes.
NOTE: Click HOEDOWNER for the latest issue of the newsletter, TUNE for the latest Tune of the Month,"Sam and Elzie", or tune archive for an earlier tune.
UPCOMING EVENTS 2019-2020
- Mar 21: OREGON STATE FIDDLE CONTEST - Chemeketa Community College, 4000 Lancaster Dr NE, Salem, OR. The contest has been cancelled to minimize the risk of spreading the Corona virus.
- Mar 27-28: BROOKINGS JAMBOREE at the Chetco Grange in Brookings. The jamboree has been cancelled to minimize the risk of spreading the Corona virus.
- Apr 30-May 03: SILVER LAKE CAMPOUT - Silver Lake Rural Fire Protection District, 4th St, Silver Lake, OR. The campout has been cancelled to minimize the risk of spreading the Corona virus.
- May 21-23: OOTFA SPRING CONVENTION, MEMBERSHIP & BOARD MEETING - Douglas County Fairgrounds (Stage), 2110 Frear St, Roseburg, OR. The convention has been cancelled to minimize the risk of spreading the Corona virus.
- Jun 18-20: HIGH DESERT FIDDLE JAMBOREE - Harney County Fairgrounds, Burns OR
- Jun 22-27: NATIONAL FIDDLE CONTEST in Weiser ID--The contest has been cancelled to minimize the risk of spreading the Corona virus.
- Jul 20-23: WEST CASCADES FIDDLE CAMP, Emerald Christian Academy, Pleasant Hill OR. Check fiddlecamp.org for more details
- Jul 31: WILLAMETTE VALLEY FIDDLE CONTEST at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis
- Aug 13-16: WINCHESTER BAY CAMPOUT at the Winchester Bay Community Center. Click poster for more info.
Sep 17-19: CENTRAL OREGON COUNTRY MUSIC GATHERING (COCMG) - Crook County Fairgrounds, Prineville OR
- Check the OOTFA Event Calendar for other events of interest. Use the "agenda" view for best results.
- Read the latest Hoedowner for additional state and district info.
Guide to the Menu Bar Tabs at the Top
- The About Us tab provides information about our association and its history.
- The OOTFA Event Calendar tab provides time and place information for OOTFA events as well as related oldtime festivals. The OOTFA board meets quarterly at various locations around the state. Each meeting includes jamming, workshops, dinner and a performance. Other events are the OOTFA State Convention held at the Polk County Fairgrounds in Rickreall each April, the Oregon Fiddle Contests held each March at Chemeketa Community College in Salem, and the Willamette Valley Fiddle Contest held each August at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
- The Contact OOTFA tab provides postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for each of the state officers. To contact your district officers, refer to the current issue of The Hoedowner. At the top of each district's news entry is a list of district officers along with their postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Lew Holt's Posts tab will give you access to Lew's news and views of current and past activities in our organization. Lew is a past president of OOTFA and editor emeritus of The Hoedowner, our monthly newsletter.
- The Hoedowner Archive tab provides access to all issues of our monthly newsletter. The Current Issue gives you up-to-date info on what's happening at the state level and in the various districts of Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers. It also includes contact information for the various state and district officers.
- The Join OOTFA tab will tell you more about our organization and how you can join us.
- The Donate to OOTFA tab will provide information on how you can support our organization.
- The OOTFA Forms tab provides access to various OOTFA nomination, request, order, and application forms.
- The OOTFA on Facebook tab will take you to our Facebook page where you can see various tidbits about past and present OOTFA activities including many photos
- The OOTFA Districts tab lists the ten OOTFA districts along with links to their websites when they exist. For districts without websites, the link leads to the current issue of The Hoedowner. You can scroll down through The Hoedowner to your district's news section and catch up on the previous month's activities and those planned for the next month
- The Fiddle Contest tab displays a web page describing Fiddle contests in general, as well as three fiddle contests of particular interest to our members
Website Administrator: Dave Basden, Basden.David@gmail.com
OOTFA Calendar Administrator: Melinda Grant, firstname.lastname@example.org