NOTE: Click HOEDOWNER for the latest issue of the newsletter (June 2023).
A nationwide calendar listing virtual events for Old Time Fiddlers has been created by Carina Ravely. The calendar is presented on the Facebook Public Group, Old Time Open Jams.
- Jun 15-17: High Desert Music Jamboree in Burns OR
- Jun 19-24: National Oldtime Fiddlers' Contest and Festival in Weiser ID
- Jul 17-20: West Cascades Fiddle Camp in Pleasant Hill OR
- Aug 17-20: Winchester Bay Campout in Winchester Bay OR-Click POSTER for more info.
- Sep 14-16: Central Oregon Acoustic Music Jamboree at the Crook County Fairgrounds in Prineville OR. Click FORM for a campsite reservation form or FLYER for more info.
- Click BYLAWS to review recent changes.
- Click STANDING RULES for recent revisions .
- Check the OOTFA Event Calendar for other events of interest. Use the "agenda" view for best results.
- Read the latest Hoedowner for additional state and district events.
Guide to the Menu Bar Tabs at the Top
- The About Us tab provides information about our association and its history.
- The OOTFA Event Calendar tab provides time and place information for OOTFA events as well as related oldtime festivals. The OOTFA board meets quarterly at various locations around the state. Each meeting includes jamming, workshops, dinner and a performance. Other events are the OOTFA State Convention and the Oregon Fiddle Contests. Many of our members also support the Willamette Valley Fiddle Contest usually held in August.
- The Contact OOTFA tab provides postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for each of the state officers. To contact your district officers, refer to the current issue of The Hoedowner. At the top of each district's news entry is a list of district officers along with their postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- The OOTFA Forms tab provides access to various OOTFA nomination, request, order, and application forms.
- The Hoedowner Archive tab provides access to all issues of our monthly newsletter. The Current Issue gives you up-to-date info on what's happening at the state level and in the various districts of Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers. It also includes contact information for the various state and district officers.
- The Join OOTFA tab will tell you more about our organization and how you can join us.
- The Donate to OOTFA tab will provide information on how you can support our organization.
- The OOTFA on YouTube tab will provide access to events on the YouTube OOTFA channel
- The OOTFA on Facebook tab will take you to our Facebook page where you can see various tidbits about past and present OOTFA activities including many photos
- The OOTFA Districts tab lists the ten OOTFA districts along with links to their websites when they exist. For districts without websites, the link leads to the current issue of The Hoedowner. You can scroll down through The Hoedowner to your district's news section and catch up on the previous month's activities and those planned for the next month
- The Fiddle Contest tab displays a web page describing Fiddle contests in general, as well as three fiddle contests of particular interest to our members
Website Administrator: Dave Basden, Basden.David@gmail.com
OOTFA Calendar Administrator: Linda Parks, email@example.com
Hoedowner Editor: Robin Lindsay, Qat_boy@msn.com