A MESSAGE FROM OOTFA'S SECRETARY
Despite what you've heard, summer has not been canceled...just our 2020 OOTFA events. The last of the OOTFA events we had scheduled for 2020 have joined the list of events canceled due to the pandemic. What a year! Please remember all the hard work the organizers/hosts have done and make sure you let them know you appreciate them. What a daunting list. So many hours of work (and fun) but hope you are able to enjoy music during this time and look forward to 2021.
Don't forget you can get your very own 2020 roster so you can be in contact with your friends in music! Send an email message to email@example.com requesting a free pdf copy be returned to you by email! Alternatively, send $4 to Patti Luse, 979 Ascot Drive, Eugene, OR 97401 requesting the beautiful red-cover printed copy of the 2020 roster be returned to you by post. Why not do both!
Patti Luse, OOTFA State Secretary
NOTE: Click HOEDOWNER for the latest issue of the newsletter, TUNE for the latest Tune of the Month, "Ben Hill", or tune archive for an earlier tune.
UPCOMING EVENTS 2020-2021
- Jan 15: OOTFA Meeting at 4pm
- Jan 16" OOTFA Meeting at 5:00
- Jul 19-22: West Cascades Fiddle Camp
Check the OOTFA Event Calendar for other events of interest. Use the "agenda" view for best results.
- Read the latest Hoedowner for additional state and district info.
Guide to the Menu Bar Tabs at the Top
- The About Us tab provides information about our association and its history.
- The OOTFA Event Calendar tab provides time and place information for OOTFA events as well as related oldtime festivals. The OOTFA board meets quarterly at various locations around the state. Each meeting includes jamming, workshops, dinner and a performance. Other events are the OOTFA State Convention held at the Polk County Fairgrounds in Rickreall each April, the Oregon Fiddle Contests held each March at Chemeketa Community College in Salem, and the Willamette Valley Fiddle Contest held each August at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
- The Contact OOTFA tab provides postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for each of the state officers. To contact your district officers, refer to the current issue of The Hoedowner. At the top of each district's news entry is a list of district officers along with their postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Lew Holt's Posts tab will give you access to Lew's news and views of current and past activities in our organization. Lew is a past president of OOTFA and editor emeritus of The Hoedowner, our monthly newsletter.
- The Hoedowner Archive tab provides access to all issues of our monthly newsletter. The Current Issue gives you up-to-date info on what's happening at the state level and in the various districts of Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers. It also includes contact information for the various state and district officers.
- The Join OOTFA tab will tell you more about our organization and how you can join us.
- The Donate to OOTFA tab will provide information on how you can support our organization.
- The OOTFA Forms tab provides access to various OOTFA nomination, request, order, and application forms.
- The OOTFA on Facebook tab will take you to our Facebook page where you can see various tidbits about past and present OOTFA activities including many photos
- The OOTFA Districts tab lists the ten OOTFA districts along with links to their websites when they exist. For districts without websites, the link leads to the current issue of The Hoedowner. You can scroll down through The Hoedowner to your district's news section and catch up on the previous month's activities and those planned for the next month
- The Fiddle Contest tab displays a web page describing Fiddle contests in general, as well as three fiddle contests of particular interest to our members
Website Administrator: Dave Basden, Basden.David@gmail.com
OOTFA Calendar Administrator: Linda Parks, firstname.lastname@example.org