NOTE: Click HOEDOWNER for the latest issue of the newsletter, TUNE for the latest Tune of the Month," The Maid Behind the Bar", BONUS for a second tune for this month, "Midnight on the Water", or TUNE ARCHIVE for an earlier tune. The tune archive is now complete from the beginning in 2007.
Restrictions during the Covid Pandemic resulted in cancellation of group events during 2020. We are hoping for a return to normal in 2021. In the meantime, you can continue practicing and learning by attending virtual events.
- Feb 20: Virtual Fiddle Workshop by Jeanine Orme ($20 via Zoom) Basic 2 level (1:30-3PM); intermediate/advanced level (3:30-5PM) Scottish. Click HERE to register.
Districts 7 and 8 are participating with virtual events. See their reports in the Jan. Hoedowner. Find listings of virtual events on the District 10 Facebook Group as well. A nationwide calendar listing virtual events for Old Time Fiddlers has been created by Carina Ravely. The calendar is presented on the Facebook Public Group, Old Time Open Jams.
- Jan 15: Deadline for OOTFA Membership
Mail checks ($20 for the Hoedowner via email or $25 via postal mail) to your district membership chair or to Patti Luse, 979 Ascot Drive, Eugene, OR 97401
- Mar 20: Virtual State Fiddle Contest Click INFO for information.
- Jul 19-22: West Cascades Fiddle Camp (tentative dates)
- Check the OOTFA Event Calendar for other events of interest. Use the "agenda" view for best results.
- Read the latest Hoedowner for additional state and district info.
Guide to the Menu Bar Tabs at the Top
- The About Us tab provides information about our association and its history.
- The OOTFA Event Calendar tab provides time and place information for OOTFA events as well as related oldtime festivals. The OOTFA board meets quarterly at various locations around the state. Each meeting includes jamming, workshops, dinner and a performance. Other events are the OOTFA State Convention held at the Polk County Fairgrounds in Rickreall each April, the Oregon Fiddle Contests held each March at Chemeketa Community College in Salem, and the Willamette Valley Fiddle Contest held each August at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
- The Contact OOTFA tab provides postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for each of the state officers. To contact your district officers, refer to the current issue of The Hoedowner. At the top of each district's news entry is a list of district officers along with their postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Lew Holt's Posts tab will give you access to Lew's news and views of current and past activities in our organization. Lew is a past president of OOTFA and editor emeritus of The Hoedowner, our monthly newsletter.
- The Hoedowner Archive tab provides access to all issues of our monthly newsletter. The Current Issue gives you up-to-date info on what's happening at the state level and in the various districts of Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers. It also includes contact information for the various state and district officers.
- The Join OOTFA tab will tell you more about our organization and how you can join us.
- The Donate to OOTFA tab will provide information on how you can support our organization.
- The OOTFA Forms tab provides access to various OOTFA nomination, request, order, and application forms.
- The OOTFA on Facebook tab will take you to our Facebook page where you can see various tidbits about past and present OOTFA activities including many photos
- The OOTFA Districts tab lists the ten OOTFA districts along with links to their websites when they exist. For districts without websites, the link leads to the current issue of The Hoedowner. You can scroll down through The Hoedowner to your district's news section and catch up on the previous month's activities and those planned for the next month
- The Fiddle Contest tab displays a web page describing Fiddle contests in general, as well as three fiddle contests of particular interest to our members
Website Administrator: Dave Basden, Basden.David@gmail.com
OOTFA Calendar Administrator: Linda Parks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoedowner Editor: Robin Lindsay, Qat_boy@msn.com