NOTE: Click HOEDOWNER for the latest issue of the newsletter, TUNE for the latest Tune of the Month,"After You've Gone", or TUNE ARCHIVE for an earlier tune. The tune archive is now complete from the beginning in 2007. It provides easily printable sheet music as well as links to online performances of the tunes. Also check out resources from District 6 under the Districts tab above for more sheet music and videos.
Restrictions during the Covid Pandemic resulted in cancellation of group events during 2020. We are hoping for a return to normal in 2021. In the meantime, you can continue practicing and learning by attending virtual events.
Districts 7 and 8 are participating with virtual events. See their reports in The Hoedowner. Find listings of virtual events on the District 10 Facebook Group as well. A nationwide calendar listing virtual events for Old Time Fiddlers has been created by Carina Ravely. The calendar is presented on the Facebook Public Group, Old Time Open Jams.
- Jun 17-19: High Desert Campout, Harney County Fairgrounds, Burns OR. OOTFA board meeting Friday 4PM and OOTFA Spring Membership Meeting Saturday 1PM. Elections and Bylaws revisions are on the agenda. RV and tent camping at the Fairgrounds. If you can't attend, please send your proxy via postal mail. Click FORM to display the Form to print
. (See the June Hoedowner for details.) Click INFO for details.
- Jun 23-26: National Fiddle Contest, Weiser ID. Due to COVID-19 restrictions this year's contest will be a hybrid of virtual and live performances. Check the CONTEST WEBSITE for details on participation. Contestants must register by May 31 (via the website). Click INFO for more details.
- West Cascades Fiddle Camp cancelled for 2021 to to COVID-19 restrictions
- Sep 16-19: Country Music Gathering Dates are tentative due to possible COVID-19 restrictions.
- Check the OOTFA Event Calendar for other events of interest. Use the "agenda" view for best results.
- Read the latest Hoedowner for additional state and district info.
NOTE: The 2021 membership roster is now available. Email Patti Luse, firstname.lastname@example.org for a free PDF copy by return email or send $3.50 to Patti Luse, 979 Ascot Drive, Eugene OR 97401 for a bound printed copy by return postal mail.
Guide to the Menu Bar Tabs at the Top
- The About Us tab provides information about our association and its history.
- The OOTFA Event Calendar tab provides time and place information for OOTFA events as well as related oldtime festivals. The OOTFA board meets quarterly at various locations around the state. Each meeting includes jamming, workshops, dinner and a performance. Other events are the OOTFA State Convention , the Oregon Fiddle Contests held at Chemeketa Community College in Salem, and the Willamette Valley Fiddle Contest usually held in August.
- The Contact OOTFA tab provides postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for each of the state officers. To contact your district officers, refer to the current issue of The Hoedowner. At the top of each district's news entry is a list of district officers along with their postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- The OOTFA Forms tab provides access to various OOTFA nomination, request, order, and application forms.
- The Hoedowner Archive tab provides access to all issues of our monthly newsletter. The Current Issue gives you up-to-date info on what's happening at the state level and in the various districts of Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers. It also includes contact information for the various state and district officers.
- The Join OOTFA tab will tell you more about our organization and how you can join us.
- The Donate to OOTFA tab will provide information on how you can support our organization.
- The OOTFA on YouTube tab will provide access to events on the YouTube OOTFA channel
- The OOTFA on Facebook tab will take you to our Facebook page where you can see various tidbits about past and present OOTFA activities including many photos
- The OOTFA Districts tab lists the ten OOTFA districts along with links to their websites when they exist. For districts without websites, the link leads to the current issue of The Hoedowner. You can scroll down through The Hoedowner to your district's news section and catch up on the previous month's activities and those planned for the next month
- The Fiddle Contest tab displays a web page describing Fiddle contests in general, as well as three fiddle contests of particular interest to our members
Website Administrator: Dave Basden, Basden.David@gmail.com
OOTFA Calendar Administrator: Linda Parks, email@example.com
Hoedowner Editor: Robin Lindsay, Qat_boy@msn.com